Monday, February 23, 2009

caffeine

Been 54 days so i will talk about it

If you've been reading this blog or in discussion with me the past 6 months, you know that I have been concerned about developing a sustainable pace for (the rest of my) life

"Know thyself" one ancient philosopher said

The search has led me to:
tough discussions in relationships

my family to some time alone

to wrestle with God

to some interesting areas of my own behaviors, one of which is caffeine

Never really thought of it as an issue until...

I tried to stop

Headaches...at least 40 so far this year

Think I am free of it

This is from a guy who loves coffee and diet coke

Loved it with caffeine

loved it daily

What would a day be like without a pick-me-up in the afternoon?

It wasn't pretty

I found something like rehab that first week with all the headaches and shakes

When i was younger, I had quit some other addictive habits, but I guess the difference was age and duration...been pounding those diet cokes, ice tea's and coffees for lots of years now

The reason was not quitting caffeine, whatever your opinion is about the substance

It's a quest for personal sustainability in life

A quest for understanding myself and an appropriate pace without unnecessary influences

What am I capable of without manipulation?

What i am finding is more peace, better sleeping, waking up more alert and my thinking seems to have improved

To what level has it to do with caffeine or other factors I am not sure

This is just one area of my life that needs to be addressed and monitored I am sharing out loud to remind myself of my dependency upon God for everything

Less of me, more of Him

Less caffeine, more water

No comments: