Monday, March 2, 2009

No words

Yesterday I had one of those moments

There were no words available

See, one of my friends and his wife were entrusted by God with a baby boy 7 months ago

This little guy of theirs was born with a rare skin disease only 56 children per year are born with

He needs to be bandaged up and re wrapped over and over every day
Every time his skin is rubbed (at all) it blisters

Two weeks ago things got worse for this little trooper

He got a mucus clot and lost his breathing for a while

Today they find out what that lapse might mean for him

You feeling the situation?

These are good friends

Who have been through a lot

Yesterday I drove over to be with them

As I did, I prayed for words to speak

But nothing came

I waited

Nothing

Finally, I got there and went up to ICU to meet this little guy for the first time

The parents had gone out to lunch

It was me and him

Alone

There was no need for words

Know what I mean?

I thank God for this special moment with him

He, Jesus, was there
He knows
He understands
He intercedes
He comforts
He is Sovereign

I don't understand all this for sure

I don't have "the words"

It was time to listen
A time to sit with a family
A time to be together

This little guy is so beautiful

Part of my heart is still in that room

1 comment:

Circleoftrust said...

a couple days after this visit, Jameson passed into eternity. If you'd like to read more about him, visit http://trustroads.blogspot.com/ or jtsetsma.blogspot.com

Peter